Whether you are a family, group of friends, or a group of fishermen, Castlehamilton is a wonderful place to visit. Located in an area of immense beauty with mature woodland, lakes, rivers, it is steeped in history dating back for many centuries. Our accommodation is located in a 16th century courtyard, Ulster Gate house and the estates Foresters house that have been lovingly refurbished over the past number of years. We are a family run business and our goal is for our visitors to have the holiday of a lifetime and an unforgetable experience in this wonderful place.
For fishermen, we invite you to come and visit the most wonderful pike, trout, fly and coarse fishing waters in Killeshandra, Co Cavan, Ireland, Europe’s largest inland waterways, located in the Lough Erne water system. As our guest, you will experience excellent fishing on our lakes and rivers. Castlehamilton has 2 private lakes for your use and 25 lakes within a 3 km radius all connected by the Castle River, Killeshandra, Co Cavan. There are over 400 lakes for fishing in Lough Erne Lake district
Castlehamilton is a centre of excellence for coarse angling in Ireland. Our location is also perfect for a family holiday. We offer comfortable and spacious accommodation, and a wide variety of outdoor activities on site and locally.
- Boats and engines with seats
- Float Tube and Flippers. NOTE: Please bring your own waders
- Fishing guides
- Movement of boats between lakes included in our packages
- 2 private lakes at Castlehamilton
- 25 lakes within a 3 km radius all connected by the Castle River
- Buoyancy JAckets
- Bait available 7 days a week
- Rods and Reels for hire
- Echosounders for hire
- Local Fishing shop
- Dublin Airport Collection, if required
- Local Van/Car Hire, if required
- Self Catering OR Full Board Option
- Groups of up to 30 welcome
- Any Day arrival
- Secure storage on site for Fishing materials
Things to do
- Games room with Pool, Table Tennis and Football game.
- 2 Outdoor Bowles pitches
- Lawn for games
- Killykeen Forest Park and Nature Trails
- Located on National Looped Walk
- 2 championship Golf Courses within 10 km
- Pitch ‘n Putt
- Walking, Canoeing & Cycling
- Horse riding
- Traditional Irish Music
- Marble Arch Caves
- Historic and Cultural Sites
- Theatres & Cinema
- Four star Failte Ireland Approved Self Catering Accommodation
- Cottages cater for 1-8 people
- Games Room with Pool Table, Tabletennis
- Beside village with shops, pubs, restaurants, pharmacy
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Spacious bedrooms with Ensuite facilities
- Dishwasher & Washing Machine
- Bedlinen and Towels provided
- Central Heating
” Those, who have visited Castlehamilton, come back again and again.
Those who come for the first time – can’t help admiring.
Those who stay here – don’t want to leave”..
Because Castlehamilton is a very special place”